It’s sad to think that a delicious pancake is so often deemed as ‘bad’ or a cheat food. I like to look at foods in two ways. Firstly, we have whole foods, which are to nourish our bodies and then we have soul foods, which are to nourish our minds. Soul foods are what bring us joy, social connectedness and so much more. These are often the foods deemed as ‘bad’ foods.
And yet believe it or not, this particular pancake recipe is actually a whole food not a soul food. Plus, it's topped with your favourite collagen snack, so there's that too! So yes, you heard that right, it’s a very healthy pancake and here’s the recipe, just for you.
4 tbsp of almond meal
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp of butter (for cooking)
1/2 cup berries
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 Beauty Bite (flavour of your choice)
- In a blender, blend all of the pancake ingredients (except the butter) until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat a fry pan up until the butter is melted. Turn the fry pan down to a low heat.
- Pour your pancake mixture in. You can make multiple small pancakes or one big one.
- Cook until you start to see bubbles in the pancake. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to a plate and add all of your favourite toppings.
Enjoy the pancakes, guilt free.
Naturopath & Nutritionist