Our spin on a healthy Hot Cross Bun, with a delicious and nutritious Triple Choc Chip Collagen Beauty Bite filling. Your guilt-free, gluten-free Easter treat - sorted.
Our Collagen Beauty Bites® have been meticulously prepared to provide targeted nutritional and cosmetic benefits in one delicious bite size snack. Each Beauty Bites® contains 3800mg of Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides, 1 Billion CFU’s of Probiotics and the vital benefits of added Prebiotics & Vitamins C + E.
4-5 cups gluten free flour (depending on how much you knead dough)
1 active sachet of gluten free bakers yeast*
2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
1 cup warmed nut milk of choice (or hemp)
5 medjool dates, (diced & soaked in warm water for 5 mins)
Pinch Himalayan sea salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cardamom
Pinch of ground clove
1 teaspoon natvia
¼ cup coconut oil
½ cup rice flour
2-3 tablespoon water
4 Triple Choc Beauty Bites chopped up (or choc chips)
1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
¼ cup water
- On the stove, warm the milk to a tepid temperature (you should be able to put your finger in the water and for it to be a similar temperature)
- Remove from the stove and tear in the yeast sachet, and drizzle in rice malt syrup and stir and leave to bubble for at least 10 mins
- While this is bubbling away, pour ¼-1/2 cup boiling water over your chopped Medjool dates and let them steep. Pop them in a blender so you almost get a nice chunk of date in every bite.
- In a large bowl, sieve all of the dry ingredients and then add the yeast milk & date bits slowly. Add in melted coconut oil and egg. Knead until a dough consistency forms (add a little more water or flour if needed)
- Leave in a clean bowl with a tea towel over it for 30-40 mins.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius & grease a baking tray with coconut oil
- Dust a clean surface with rice flour or GF flour
- Roll out
- Scatter the chopped Triple Choc Chip Beauty Bites
- Then portion into 6-10 buns
- Shape them and pop them closely together in the baking tray
- Cover again with a tea towel and leave for 10 more mins
- To make the crosses mix the flour and water in a bowl until a paste is formed then pop into a piping bag
- With the tip of a teaspoon handle, run along the buns and create cross rivets for the piping to go into
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until nice and golden (you may need to leave them in for a little bit longer, depending on how much flour you have used.
- Glaze immediately and leave in baking tray for 5-10 minutes
- Serve warm with butter