Winter is here in Australia, so now is the time to get out the slow cooker and indulge in some delicious Winter Recipes! This chicken soups recipe is super easy and great for those that are time-poor. I love to prep this in the morning, and pop on to cook throughout the day.
3 large celery stalks, finely diced
2 large carrots, finely diced (skin on)
1 large brown onion, finely diced
6 garlic, chopped
1 large knob of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
6 bay leafs
1L good quality chicken stock
3-4 free-range chicken breast, seasoned with salt & pepper
1L filtered water
1 teaspoon turmeric
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper
1 large handful of parsley
1. Sauté the onion, garlic, carrots, celery in ½ of the olive oil in a pan over medium heat, until the onion becomes translucent.
2. Transfer into your slow cooker or in a big pot.
3. In the same pan, sear the chicken breast until all sides are sealed. Transfer into the slow cooker.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients into your slow cooker and pop on low for 4-5 hours. If cooking on stove cook over low until the chicken is cooked and falling apart.
5. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and with two forks, shred your chicken. Drizzle a little more olive oil and season again with salt and pepper. Return back to the soup. Add in the apple cider vinegar and stir all the way through.
Serve with freshly chopped parsley.